Facebook update 2017:”Watch “-the new youtube for facebook platform

Facebook update 2017:"Watch "-the new youtube for facebook platformWatchout youtube watch has come…
Facebook just launched a YouTube competitor called Watch its redesigned tab for video programming
Facebook’s battle for television ad dollars is started to begin in earnest. The company said that Watch, its redesigned video platform, will begin rolling out to a small percentage of users of next gen. Facebook has rolled out entry to Watch to more users and more content creators starting with the rest of the U.S. before expanding internationally. Users with access will now see a TV-shaped Watch button in the bottom navigation bar of Facebook’s main app that opens the new video hub.
Facebook now has a new home for initial video content entirely made for it by playmates, who will earn 55% of advertisement break revenue while Facebook keeps the rest 45%.
“We are a platform for any creator or show,” said Fidji Simo, Facebook’s VP of product, who oversees all product for video, news and advertising.The Watch tab arrived a little over a year after Facebook imported a dedicated video tab into its prime app. Until now, the tab has dealt up a seeming mishmash of videos from big publishers and pages that you follow.
In Silicon Valley jargon, buying original content doesn’t “scale.” Facebook has amassed 2 billion monthly users and reaps billions in profits without really spending a penny on content.
The shows which will be featured are Nas Daily, featuring a creator who makes a daily video with his fans; Gabby Bernstein, an interactive show from the motivational speaker; and Kitchen Little, from publisher Tastemade, which follows children making recipes with professional chefs. Facebook has also reached a deal with Major League Baseball to broadcast one live game atleast in a week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *